- 1 cup and 2 tbsp warm water
- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 and 2/3 cup white whole wheat flourTo top the pizza:
- 1/2 cup Sweet Heat or Original BBQUE Sauce + more for drizzling
- 6 ounces cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the water, yeast, honey, and olive oil. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, until nice and foamy.
2. Place the bowl on the stand mixer and fit with the bread hook. Add in the flour and salt and mix on medium speed for a minute until combined. Turn the mixer speed to high and allow the dough to mix for about 5 minutes, until a dough ball that completely pulls away from the sides of the bowl forms.
3. Rub a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough ball inside. Turn inside the bowl a couple of times to coat with olive oil.
4. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rise for about an hour and a half.
5. Preheat oven, with pizza stone inside, to it’s highest setting (hopefully around 550).
6. Punch the risen dough back down and split in half. Roll each half out into a circle shape to about 1/4″ thick on a piece of parchment paper. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for 10 minutes.
7. Spread about 1/4 cup of sauce over each pizza (you want a pretty thin layer).
8. Top each with half of the cheeses, chicken, and red onion.
9. Once the oven has been preheating for at least 30 minutes, switch it over to broil on high.
10. Pick up the parchment paper and place it directly on the pizza stone. The oven is very hot, so cooking time should not be more than 4 or 5 minutes.
11. When you remove the pizza from the oven, top with the chopped cilantro, and a good drizzle of BBQUE sauce.